Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Shiny Corn Syrup Craft



Who doesn’t have some corn syrup in the back of their cupboard or pantry? Who doesn’t see it standing there…all alone, collecting dust? Do you, like me, wonder why you don’t throw it out even though you know you will never use it? Am I all alone in this? Well, the day I stumbled upon this kiddo art/craft idea I knew exactly why I had never done away with my little bottle and I hope you think it is as cool as I do.




Supplies you will need: 
Corn Syrup
Food Coloring
Paint Brush(s)
Black Crayon or Marker
Bowls or cups
Glossy Paper (alternatives: glossy gift bag or glossy paper plate)

I would recommend putting down a washable placemat or table covering during the creative process or even doing the project outside and washing the leftover mess off with a hose.

Dry time varies depending on the thickness of the medium once applied to the paper – usually a day or more. The results are so pretty and shiny.

Here are some examples and the websites they came from.









Here is another great idea using the same ingredients but with different paper for a different and fun result.




I really love being able to share some of the art/craft ideas I think are neat. I have tons of them so I hope you inspired and encouraged to give them a try. 
Happy creating.

3 comments: