Saturday, February 23, 2013

Coconut Body Butter


I don't know about you but in the winter my skin is dry. Like uncomfortably dry. But with a little man who likes to give me open mouth kisses and occasionally lick my leg or arm (I promise I'm not letting the dog completely raise him) I'm hesitant to slather on lotion full of stuff I don't particularly want my little guy eating. So I came across this super easy ONE ingredient body butter. Like anything else you can add whatever other ingredients you want, but if you want it to be ok for babies (or puppies) to lick just make sure all ingredients are edible :)
Coconut Body Butter
  • 1 cup coconut oil (rough measurement here, and no need to soften)
  • Vitamin e oil (optional)
  • Essential oil (optional) some great options are tea tree oil (acne), frankincense (great for skin), lavender (healing), and any others just for scent. I split mine into two jars and did jasmine for my generic body butter and tea tree and frankincense for my face. 
Start by scooping out about a cup of oil and toss it in your stand mixer or bowl.

Whip for a few minutes until you have a nice creamy consistency. Then add in your Vitamin E and/or essential oils and mix to combine.

Scoop out and put in a sealed container. That's it! Easy right? 

I should warn you it doesn't go on exactly like lotion. It turns to liquid below 76 degrees so once it touches your skin it will start to melt. It will be a little oily until it soaks in but after a few minutes it's completely absorbed and doesn't sit on top of your skin the way some moisturizers do. I apply mine right out of the shower and by the time I've finished getting ready and get dressed it's completely soaked in. 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. "A Fantastic preparation for an extreme problematic skin, with dehydration, and a disturbed barrier function, showing sensitivity and redness. In addition, this cream can be used on a normal skin.More various body butter visit: www.vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete