Thursday, October 17, 2013

Best Shower Cleaner. Ever.


This is one of my favorites. Mainly because I didn’t come up with it, but also because it’s SUPER easy and you probably have everything you need already. There are certain things I’m a little teensy bit OCD about, and bathroom cleaning is one of them. I have glass shower doors and I HATE the soap scum film that fogs up the doors. And in general I really can’t stand strong chemical cleaners. For one, they never seem to work, and I certainly can’t use them when I’m pregnant. (The sweet husband offered to clean the bathrooms last pregnancy. And bless his heart, he tried, but I might be a little picky about bathroom cleaning) I mean seriously, who needs to use those expensive bottles of nose-hair-burning chemicals when you don't have to?! Ok, enough about all that, here’s the best shower cleaner. Ever.

All you need are equal parts white vinegar and dawn dish soap and if you want to make it even easier, grab one of these handy dish sponge things from the dollar store. Annnnd that's it!
 

Using a pyrex cup or microwave safe dish, warm up half a cup of white vinegar. It doesn’t take long so keep your eye on it! Now mix in half a cup of dawn dish soap. It will start to gel so don’t freak out! Now you can either pour it in that handy-dandy sponge thing, or you can pour it on a regular sponge or brush and scrub away. But don’t scrub too hard, you won’t need to! It almost melts the scum away. I have a brother who is seriously clinical OCD, like we just hope he can find someone who will put up with his cleanliness, and he LOVED this. He swears his shower has never been cleaner. I took pictures of my shower before (I even “let” it get scummy for you) and after but I can’t get them off my camera. Soooo that just means you have to try it out yourself!
 
And the best part about it being just vinegar and dish soap is you can hire out the shower cleaning to just about anyone. One day I'll remind him he actually LOVED cleaning the shower. But until then, I'm just going to enjoy how cute he is scrubbing those shower walls.

1 comment:

  1. I use this - but in a spray bottle. And then I let it sit for a while for extra cleaning power, because I only use it once every few months :-).

    ReplyDelete